Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The can can

I always thought that canning and preserving was for the extreme Martha Stewart types (not that there's anything wrong with that, I love my girl, Martha!), grandmas and hippies. Also? I do not recommend that you Google botchulism. You'll never want to touch a can of beans again. Anywho...it seems to be a trend that has picked up quite a bit in the past few years (grandma was on to something!).

I've only ever made strawberry jam, but it was crazy good and absolutely worth the effort. 

after

Recently, I stumbled across the Sweet Preservation website and got the itch again. I've found that a lot of canning websites are buried deep within the ugliness of the internet, but this website super easy to navigate and purdy to boot. If you don't go for the recipes, at least check out the labels & crafts section. 

1 comment:

Joyti said...

The strawberry jam looks delicious. And the pictures turned out very pretty indeed.

Post a Comment